While the mix-and-matched gallery wall was the biggest wall art trend of the past few years, you may be a bit tired of this eclectic style. If you’re looking for a new (but equally easy) way to spruce up your walls at Windsor at Hancock Park, get some inspiration from these exciting ideas.
- Hang a tree trunk slice. Visit your local craft store or even a lumberyard and purchase a few large tree trunk slices. Sand them down and stain them, or hang them as-is for a truly rustic look.
- Create cool frames using Washi tape. If you’re tired of the hefty price tags (and the holes) that come with traditional frames, try creating one-dimensional frames out of colorful Washi tape. Create designs that are sleek, ornate, traditional or even a little wacky in all of the shapes and sizes that you desire.
- Hang a vintage map. If you have a large wall space that you just don’t know how to cover, try using a large vintage map. These are fairly easy to come by online or at your local thrift store or on sites like Etsy.
- Display antique ceramics. Collect an assortment of antique plates and baskets from antique stores or family members and display them using hanging plate racks.
- Frame your records. If you’re a music fan, frame your favorite records using square frames designed especially for that purpose.
10 Impressive DIY Wall Art Projects from Our House Tours [Apartment Therapy]
Washi Tape Wall Art Ideas [Apartment Therapy]
50 Beautiful DIY Wall Art Ideas For Your Home [Decoist]